Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Just added to my baby registry...a boat!

Js folks came up with his sister Amy and our nephew Henry this past weekend. If only the weather had cooperated a little more...*sigh*. So we spent a lot of time on the couch and going out to eat. Not exactly exciting, but it gave me a chance to kick some booty at The World Series of Pop Trivia! Boo yeah! It was so nice to have Amy around to just laugh and talk with. Sure, J's cool, but sometimes you need a girl around, ya know? Hopefully she got to relax a little with the Grandparents and Uncle J tag teaming Henry, keeping him engaged and happy. He's such a great kid and he did so well in a strange environment. It was nice to have a full house. Though I felt guilty that Js folks were sleeping on the couch. Not to mention Js mom spent most of the time we were driving around sitting in the trunk of the car. I swear, if I wasn't pregnant and super uncomfortable, I would have been more hospitable. Not that J's mom would have let me...she's cool like that. I felt like such a big whiner complaining about my back and constantly squirming in my seat. (God, and I still have over 3 months to go...and yes, I will be complaining here too.)

Amy and her mom got me some super cute presents! Included was a Boppy which works perfect for a back pillow on the Ikea chair until it's needed for other things. I also got some adorable blue outfits, nail clippers, a snot sucker and Amy knitted me some awesome maroon and orange longies! Oh, I should take a picture...to follow shortly.

And I wasn't the only person getting presents. Henry just turned 3, so we had a little birthday celebration. He's getting so big! He's talking up a storm too. It's hard to believe we're going to have one of those soon. It's quite sobering to see what attention and patience he requires.

I didn't take a single picture all weekend. Bummer. I charged my battery, but I never managed to get in the camera. But luckily that made it good to go for last night. We finally got on the water! A guy who J works and his wife with took us out on their sailboat. It was so nice. A sailboat really is the way to go. It was so peaceful that I felt bad for the people cruising by in their noisy, smelly motorboats.

DSC_0017
This is them calling J to tell us where to meet the boat.

DSC_0030
And we were off!

DSC_0020
This island is a major landscape fixture, therefore I have taken a bazillion pictures of it. Getting on the water allowed a closer up view. And now I know it's called "juniper island." I can only assume that there are junipers on it.

DSC_0051
Heading off into the sunset.

DSC_0071
Heading back into dock as it's getting dark.

It was so beautiful. I now have a hankerin' to get a boat. I suppose we should be thinking about a house first. Getting on the lake definitely raised my opinion of Burlington. I really do like it here. I would say "I hope it becomes home", but let's wait until we get through a winter first.