Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So much for mother's intuition...

D - small

So that's the baby!

He kinda looks like Skeletor, but the Dr. assured me that's normal. Yes, I said HE! It's a boy! If you don't quite see it, he's on his side and that cirlce is his big round head! The top of his head is on the right. The dark areas are his eye sockets and his nose in the middle.

It was so cool! He was squirming while we watched him on the screen. At one point, he started opening and closing his mouth. The Dr. caught a picture...

A

I must admit, that's a little creeping looking in still form, but to watch it like a movie was amazing. We even saw him move his arms and open and close his hands. It's so much more real now. And as Amy pointed out to me, there's a penis inside of me...which is weird. It seems strange to think a little boy can be grown inside of a woman, but I guess that's how it's always done. And big bonus, we can forget about all those pesky girl names. If he only knew how close he came to being Mary, or Adelaide, or Eliza or the many others we couldn't quite agree on.

So that's the poop! Yay, no bow worries!

8 comments:

Katy said...

oh wow! thanks for sharing those baby nacho photos! that must have been incredibly exciting.

Katy said...

oh wow! thanks for sharing those baby nacho photos! that must have been incredibly exciting.

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing! Even on my way into work today I kept thinking, WOW, Nacho is having a boy. A BOY! So much goodness to come! Congrats Mama!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We've been dying to hear (since you posted yesterday)and could not be happier for you guys...can you say arranged marriage?

Hector said...

Congrats!!!!

I vote for Steve!

P-Diddy in Sin City said...

I still vote for Lafond Lamonde. I'm so excited for you and more importantly for the recent discovery that baby boy clothes are cuter than girls'.

P-Diddy in Sin City said...

did they give you a DVD of the ultrasound?? I smell an iMovie!

Anonymous said...

Man, I commented a while back and it never showed up! Annoying.

Basically it said...

Thanks everybody!

Matt...no.

Danielle...hi!! I thought that might be you on my sitemeter that came up "holyoke, ma". Give Rosa a smooch from our little man.

Pdiddy - Yes shopping is much better, but knitting, sadly, is not. Nope, no dvd, just some pics that J scanned into the computer so we could upload. I wish we did have a movie because when he opened and closed his mouth, it was crazy...