Monday, December 04, 2006

If only I could put my cervix on the window works with tomatoes

If you can believe it, no change.

So, new game plan. We are going in for another NST tonight and as long as everything is ok, they are going to "ripen my cervix" with some sort of gel. Then they will do it again tomorrow. If no labor begins between now and Thursday, then I am being induced on Thursday.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I am disappointed with my body. She's not doing what I need her to do. But I am glad to know there is an end in sight. I don't like it that he's held up in there, shut up so tight. I know he's doing ok now, so I would prefer to just get him out of there now. The increased risks of c-section doesn't bother me. After all, it's more about him than me. I can take surgery and a longer recovery if it means he gets out healthy. Not that he's is trouble. It's just I can't help but worry that the reason this isn't progressing quicker is because of me, not him. That he's ready, or rather, has BEEN ready, but my body is just not interested.

So that's the scoop.

Baby by the weekend!


rocker said...

I feel your pain. Both of my kids went 41 weeks. It will be over soon and you will have your little guy. Thinking good thoughts for you.

P-Diddy in Sin City said...

In the words of...all of us.....woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo! Call me the minute you know anything.

Don't worry- this is the world's most natural process, and if he hasn't peeked out yet, it's for some reason, whether it's him or you! All will be well and I can't WAIT!. I will watch and extra episode of A Baby Story for you today...

:) mmmmm. Lucky. I wish I had a ripe cervix! hee hee.