Monday, September 24, 2007

After much patting and singing and listening to screaming child, the Ding Dong is down for his morning nap. If things continue the way they've been, he should be awake in....oh, about 4 minutes. Yesterday he skipped his afternoon nap all together. And consequently last night was not so good.

Things had gotten better in the sleep department, but we have taken a big step backwards. Usually, naps aren't that much of a problem, but lately Sam's been kinda manic and hyper. Also, a little clingy and anxious. He wants to nurse ALL THE TIME. I wonder what's going on with him?

I've looked at our routine, and not much has changed. The only thing I can think of is that last week, I watched a friends baby for the day. It was a rough day. None of us were too happy. But we survived and there were even moments of giggles and play. Actually, there wasn't all that much turmoil, but when you have 2 babies screaming and doing that pleading with their eyes thing at the same time...a minute is an hour. Pick one up, the other freaks. Put baby down to console other, we now have a full blown tantrum. They seemed to be having a contest on who could make me have a nervous breakdown the fastest. Luckily, they would suddenly be destracted by the dog or my jumping up and down, flapping my arms...hey, it works. It's like Cirque Du Soleil for 9 month olds.



I do it again tomorrow. I expect it to go better.

But it's not all stress and tears around here. Sam has begun to make interesting noises that have us in stitches. His new one is kinda like a yodle. And he loves it when you mimic it back. He is starting to share with us, which is sweet. I'll give him a pile of Cheerios and he'll start munching. Then he grabs a handful and puts his fist in my face. If I open my hand he'll place them inside, but he prefers to shove them directly in my mouth....which can be a little messy. I've actually been trying to get him to share with me for a while, but to no avail until recently. It was a mission because he's been sharing with someone else for weeks...



I don't know whether to declare Sam as "walking." I mean, he walks, sorta. But no more than 4 steps in a row. And the last 2 steps are usually more of a propelled fall. He prefers a crawl for long distances, but succesfully navigates short gaps without holding on to anything. But I can say he has mastered the STAND...



We are looking forward to some friends coming this weekend. I just hope Sam's sleep improves or I'll end up being a zombie. Perhaps this afternoon I'll hunker down in the Baby Corral with Sam and nap while he tries to get through the blanket and eat grass.

No comments: