Thursday, January 12, 2006

So I didn't get stroked, maybe just patted a little.

Well that was interesting. Not alot of action to be had at Nacho Delurking Day. I would like to thank all of you who left a little nugget in the comments section. It is you who gives me the strength to carry on.

Of the 10 comments, 3 were from some regulars (Yay for Amy, Mrs. T and Bret!), 3 were actual lurkers (2 of which I know, Hi Matt and J!) So h0kie erin gets the big delurking award! Which is, um, getting a shout out here! Thanks Erin! The rest were from me, which yes, I am counting.

I would be lying if I said I didn’t think it would go better, but that’s the breaks. The exercise in self-importance that is this blog, cuts both ways.

Next year I will try again, and hopefully it will yield more results. Don’t know if Noah’s Wish will be my charity of choice then, but this year they get a whopping $10 courtesy of you guys! Probably enough to pay for, oh, I don’t know, .75 bags of dog food?

Thanks again my people (oh, you didn’t know? Now, you’re mine. I OWN you).

Onward.

Update: There was one more comment! Girlbomb left one in my Monday post, and I'm no stickler...so now it's $11! Oh, and this gives me a good excuse to link to her HILARIOUS post. If you have been following the James Frey/Smoking Gun stuff at all...she is also a memoir writer. So funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I missed delurking for doggies... sorry nacho.

however, I will double your contribution to my efforts... which (if it is any comfort) are equally as dismal. However, I notice that you have been blogging a far shorter time than I, which makes your results even better.

I am off to read some more of your posts!