Thursday, March 09, 2006

Can't tell if I'm comin' or goin'

We arrived at our hotel, just outside the city around Noon. Though I'm a little woozy from the previous nights indulgences (see post below), I try to muster some enthusiasm. We unload the bags and the dog and go into our bed-with-a-kitchen room. If J ends up getting and taking this job, this will be our home for a month. Ah, I can already smell the Ramen and Hot Pockets.

We have an appointment at 2 to meet a realtor on the corner of Church and Main. Where is the corner of Church and Main? We have no idea. We don’t even have a map. Regardless, we put T in his big plastic box and head out towards the city.

The thing that strikes me as we drive into Burlington is how picturesque it is. Truly beautiful. Could I imagine living in this Victorian City on the Lake?



Hell yeah.

Of course there are other factors, such as, well, it would help if J actually got offered a job. And the real estate is super pricey. But if all the chips fall in a particular way, perhaps it will be home soon. But, then again, perhaps not. This is probably frustrating to those of you who want to know for sure.

What to do, what to do. We aren't in a position to make a decision yet. We don't know if Burlington wants us...or rather J, so therefore, me too...by default. And let me tell you, it can have me. Any place with a 4 block pedestrian outdoor shop/restaurant/bar thoroughfare and dogs on every corner, can have it's way with me.


It's a mixed bag of emotions. Both fear and excitement come into play. I won't bore you with a PROs and CONs list, but I'll tell you, it's neck and neck.

Stay tuned...

No comments: