Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm the bitch in the balcony

I'm sure Ms. Ryan was nice and interesting on Oprah yesterday. I wouldn't know because her mouth was too distracting. There must be some botox action going on there too, because her face was as smooth and shiny as Pink and Pretty Barbie, with the frozen expression to match. That is except for when those big swollen lips pulled back over her teeth in a strained attempt to smile. She looked like she was having an allergic reaction...or morphing into an Olsen Twin.

Ok, enough celeb bashing. I can be a bitch, but it takes a bigger bitch than me to do it well. I don't even have the balls to get into it with some Meg Ryan fan from the Netherlands who questions my photo choice in, what I can only assume, some lame attempt to say she doesn't look weird...oh, a year ago sure, but not now. No, instead I play nice. You know, sometimes the high road seems more like some Edward Scissorhands plastic tree lined avenue. Sure it's nice and safe, but it's fake.

Last night I saw Good Night, and Good Luck. It was pretty good. Not as good as Capote and Brokeback Mountain. So far, my personal choice for Best Film is Brokeback...though I still haven't seen Crash (which I hear is awesome) and Munich (which I hear is long and kinda boring).

In aha! Bonus! news, Jenny and I got to sit in the balcony last night. When Jenny asked "do they ever seat people in the balcony?" the old lady working the ticket booth said "Only members, but wait by the office door and I'll be right there." So we waited and stood amazed as she unclipped the velvet rope and allowed our admittance into the privileged and elevated seating. Yay! and we were all alone.

Quote of Last Night
After I comment how we are the only people in the balcony.

“What a waste. We aren't even going to be making out.”

-Jenny

8 comments:

KidTaster said...

Yeah, you don't want to tangle with a Meg Ryan fan. I bet they pull hair...

Anonymous said...

A Meg Ryan fan slapped me with her purse one time. It hurt.

Anonymous said...

ha...you guys are funny.

why a person from Holland would give a shit about "america's sweetheart" is still beyond me.

KidTaster said...

Especially since she is actually "America's Sweetheart in 1993" and has since made only horrid, horrid movies that made the baby Jesus cry. I mean, come. on.

Let's pick America's New Sweetheart. I vote Kirstin Dunst.

I refuse to believe that America's New Sweetheart could marry an old ass, crazy ass, couch jumping Scientologist who is brainwashing her into a silent birth, so I hereby declare Katie Holmes disqualified.

K said...

Kirstin Dunst is a good one...

Mandy Moore would be good, but she hasn't been in much lately, except an episode of Scrubs.

The dark horse could be Lisa Loeb...I'm sodiggin #1 Single.

I have a guilty pleasure of Sleepless in Seattle watching...I also dig When Harry Met Sally. I know it is causing my hip rating to dip a bit, but I cannot lie. But I agree that that movie with Mark Ruffalo made the baby jesus cry...but just a little.

KidTaster said...

See, since Mark Ruffalo is my secret boyfriend I forgive her for that one. I more mean the one with Kevin Kline, the one with the boxing (???), Proof of Life, You've Got Mail, Addicted to Love, the one with Hugh Jackman as a time travelling guy, etc etc etc...

Katy said...

I have to disagree with Kirstin Dunst as America's Sweetheart. Despite her fantastic performances in both Bring it On and Drop Dead Gorgeous, I think she's kind of annoying. I agree with kicking Katie Holmes out of the competition, but I think a strong front runner would be more like Scarlet Johanson or something. Don't you think so?

KidTaster said...

I think she's kind of annoying, but so are all of "America's Sweetheart" types, kwim? Scarlett is a good one, but I don't know if America's Sweetheart should be showing her bare ass on the covers of magazines, lol.