Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday Morning Meanderings

Sitting around, waiting for the cable man. I have the 10-12 window and they are supposed to call first. No call. And you know who else hasn't called this morning. The temp agency. Boo.

The cable man (or woman, sorry to be so presumptuous and sexist!) is coming to look at our internet connection. It often goes kaput. The modem starts doing a blinking thing and I'm cut off from the outside world until it decides to stop and work properly. Incidentally, this is usually around sun down. And it usually goes out around 3:30 in the afternoon. As a result the cable dude on the phone thinks it's related to the sun. Like the rays are kryptonite and our wires are Superman. Once the sun goes down, all previous super powers are restored. I'm not sure if they're going to be able to tell squat since it overcast and rainy right now.

Though I'm bummed the agency hasn't called, I must tell you, I have a job interview on Wednesday! I won't go into detail, since it is NEVER a good idea to blog about the workplace, but I will say I am very qualified for this position. I can't help but think this would be a slam dunk if I wasn't pregnant. Now, will that matter? Probably. Alot? Who's to know. I'm now 4.5 months, that means baby is coming in 4.5 months. Do they want to hire someone who will be going on a "leave" in 4 months? Probably not. But it's worth a shot. I've been trying to come up with the perfect verbage for the interview. My dad suggested waving all benefits and that they view the pre-birth time as a "trial period"...which sounds good to me, just not sure how to put that idea out there. I just want to work. And if it's something I think will be interesting and I'm good at, perfect! But I'm having a hard time being optimistic.

But in the meatime, I sit. I sit with Tubbs while he bites on his butt. There is a mosquito situation in the backyard (it's not really a yard, more of a patio) and he's all itchy. J put his medicine on him yesterday, but I think the damage is done. Hopefully it's keeping him from getting MORE bites, but the ones that are there are driving him crazy. And I hate that "chewing on my flesh" noise...it's gets all wet sounding and his tags add a tamborine-like jangle accompaniment and then I yell. Oh, if I itch, I'm allowed to scratch, but not YOU. YOU must suffer with the itchyness. See, I'll be a good mom, I have the "do as I say, not as I do" thing down like a champ.

Tubbs has started his Old Man medicine. Joint relief supplements! Watching him sllooooooowwly go up the stairs and strain was making me sad. So I'm hoping these pills will put a little bounce in his step!. And we got him an orthropedic bed! Which cost $60 and he doesn't like. He still lies on the hard, but already there and free floor. We're hoping he'll warm up to it once it doesn't smell like pet store anymore.

I guess that is all. Oh, I made banana bread! My first ever and I must say it is very yummy. And I'm thinking of driving out to that yarn store, though I don't want to. It's in Essex Junction and that old lady who hit me was from Essex Junction. Maybe I'll just go to Michael's and see what they got. I need some Maroon and Orange. I'm making another white sweater with the left over yarn from the other, but don't have quite enough, so I'm going to supplement with Hokie - ness!

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on writing posts again :-)

KidTaster said...

Good luck with your interview, Nacho. I am looking forward to getting back to work m'self, but I am SO not looking forward to the whole interview thing. Especially with a 5 year resume hole. *shudder*

Anonymous said...

Hi Nacho - I have not been able to post a meassage the last few times I tried. :-(

Did the cable person get everything worked out for you?

Um, the sweater looks awesome! Seriously. Very very sweet. Siiigghhh, I don't even know how to sew a button . . .

Anonymous said...

Hey explorer! Yes, being out of work has lead to an increased frequency in blog blabber.

Amy - interviews are a bitch. I have some girl who sounds like she's 17 interviewing me tomorrow. She said 'like', like 50 times on the phone. I fear she's going to look at me like I have typhoid when I tell her I'm pregnant.

Mrs T - We can have a lesson when I come down there!! Since we can't share our customary bottle of wine. Not that I'm as good at knitting as I am at drinking wine. At least it results in functional items, not a hangover.