Thursday, June 08, 2006

Where's Nate when you need him?

Geeeeeeezzzzzz...Blogger is soooooo sloooooow. I hit the "Create the Post" button, waited...waited...um, waited...went to the kitchen heated up some leftover dip...and finally! A dialog box to type in. I can only imagine what's going to happen when I hit "Publish Post." (Spellcheck is having the same problem...so this post will contain many, many spelling errors..because, well, I can't spell...at all).

Moving on...

Unpacking is slowing reaching its final stages. Right now the biggest dillema other than closet space is how to handle the carpet color in the guest room. It's maroon...kinda a purpley maroon. Actually, it's not too far off from the VT "Chicago Maroon" so I toyed with the idea of making it a Hokie themed guest room. But after considering what it would actually look like, and whether it would be welcoming to our guests, I thought better of it. Perhaps if it was our second guest room, or perhaps a basement bar room? But I swear, nothing goes with that color. Except white. So i put our bright white down blanket on the bed and it looks ok. But then Tubbs decided that this is his favorite new spot to hang out. He can sprawl out at the top of the bed, rest his chin on his paws and stair out the window. As I type now he is there, observing all that is new and exciting on our busy little corner. I suppose I could just shut the door, but he's really so happy. I would take a picture but I still haven't found that damn cable to get pictures off my camera. I guess it's time to find the computer/camera/gadet store...aka Radio Shack.

Yesterday I went to the DMV to get my new Vermont drivers license. I was there for 3 hours!! This is partly due to their stupid policy of only taking cash, checks or money orders. So mid-transaction, I head to the shopping center next door to find an ATM. When I locate it, there is a line. The line is completely comprised of other DMV patrons who neglected to bring the $115 it ended up costing to be deemed worthy to drive legally in a vehicle now sporting the bright green plates of the Green Mountain State. But everything worked out ok. I have my license (honestly, theWORST picture I yet to have on a form of identifcation) and my pretty new plates. I'm thinking of trading them in for some vanity plates. I was thinking GO HOKIES, but then J suggested VT HOKIE which is cool because of the whole double meaning thing. I would think these may be available...can't imagine there are a ton of Hokies around.

Which brings me to my next idea. A Burlington chapter of the VT Alumni Association! We could head it up, no? As long as the members understand that it will mostly revolve around football. That is if there are any members. J saw a VT sticker on a vehicle in his office parking lot, but doesn't know who it belongs to. There must be a few Hokies around here...yes?

Long post. I need a job. And some people to talk to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nacho! How ya feeling? Thanks for getting the guest room ready - I hope we can visit soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes please!! The room awaits, though I hope you don't mind how ugly it is.

Feeling great...getting bigger. Cant' really hide it anymore. Also, though it's a huge cliche, I can't stop eating pickles. Yum! At least I'm not putting them on ice cream. :-)

KidTaster said...

Pickles are good. Have you tried grapefruit? I HATE grapefruit, before and after my pregnancy, but I ate a ton of them during.

I can't wait to see the BELLY!!!

P-Diddy in Sin City said...

If it makes you feel any better, I literally followed someone with a VT Hokies sticker on their car, a la stalker, when I first moved to Vegas. When they pulled into the gas station, I was like, "omigod omigod omigod a hokieeeeeeeee!'. Despite my obvious, yet apparently safe, insanity, I ended up finding out where the games were watched, and it was a lot of fun. So, yes. Start the chapter.

Katy said...

I love how much you love your college. I get that excited about Penn State, and people laugh or poke fun. I have suggested marching in to our wedding reception to the Penn State fight song and am constantly berated for my incessant references to Penn State in daily life. College pride rules! You make that Hokie guest room if you want to! And you can hang out in there wearing VT pants with VT slippers and dance to VT band music and you would still be cool.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diddy! - The only hitch is that we might have to have strangers over to our house...though most alumni of VT are probably super cool, there is always the, um, drillfield jousting contingent.

Katy - if only I had some VT slippers..hmmm, something for my xmas list. A Penn State room wouldn't be as visually problematic with the blue and white. Though I love the Maroon and Orange, it doesn't translate well to walls and bedspreads. Maybe I can figure a way to be subtle.