Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back from the Bank

I recieved the following letter from ESPN Customer Service in response to the ESPN Gameplan issue

Thanks for writing.

Um, you're welcome?
All games offered on ESPN GamePlan are available to all cable systems and satellite providers nationwide, with the exception of games being televised by the local ABC affiliate or other local over-the-air station.

No shit. It is not a lack of understanding the the blackout concept that is at issue here.
ESPN did not designate your market area as a blackout territory for Duke vs. Virginia Tech on Sept. 16.
NO SHIT! It is the fact that it wasn't shown even though "ESPN did not designate your market area as a blockout territory for Duke vs. Virginia Tech on Sept.16" that is the problem. So, what are we going to do now?
For billing related disputes, you do need to contact your local cable company.
Ok, now I know you didn't even read my email....I DID! THAT IS THE PROBLEM! They said it was your issue.
Further information for ESPN GamePlan can be found on the ESPN Pay-Per-View website (www.espnppv.com) or you can e-mail espnppv@espn.com.

Uh, yeah. I'll head over there the next time I need inaccurate information on what games are going to be shown on the Gampeplan costing me over $100, which I agreed to under FALSE PRETENSES.

Sincerely,
ESPN Viewer Response Team

You guys are worthless.

They probably would have done better to just not respond at all. Perhaps they are trying to give me ammunition against Adelphia by saying THEY are the ones who blacked it out? I don't know. Frankly, after the results of the Hokies weekend, I don't care as much.

Luckily I didn't have to watch it...well, not all of it. I was busy trailing J around from beer line to beer line at the big company throwdown. Yeah, tons of fun for someone 7 months pregnant. Robert Randolph and the Familiy Band played! And I couldn't even go in the basement to listen because baby got freaked out by the bass. He wasn't diggin' the vibes...or perhaps totally diggin' the vibes. Either way, he was trying to bounce out of my belly button, so I took it as my que to leave.

Oh, a party like that would have been so much fun a year ago. I had a good time, but it just wasn't the same. I feel a little guilty and selfish allowing it to depress me. Well, next year we hope to get the grandparents up for the weekend to babysit so mama can partake in some of the free wine.

Hopefully I'll be around a little more. I'm about to head out the door, I have a couple days of work at J's office, then I'll really be done. There is a lot to write about! I have assembled all my diaper crap. Started birthing classes. Can't see my feet and have some gripes about the Thursday night TV line up and other self-indulgent mindless crap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI NACHO! I've missed you. Sorry about the whole ESPN crap - that just sucks. Call the BBB on their asses. Take it easy on yourself - talk to you soon!

P-Diddy in Sin City said...

I think the Hokie's lackluster performance against Georgia Tech (wtf? jfalkdfaj;ldk???) may have resulted from bad ESPN vibes.

welcome back! :)