Friday, November 03, 2006

Taking a deep, cleansing bitch

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but my landlord is having our house painted. Just the exterior, so it's not as intrusive as it could be. At first, it was bad, as they were scraping all the old paint off at 7AM every morning, but once they started the actual painting it got better. Just a little clattering of ladders now and then.

I don't know if it's my hormones, discomfort or the fact that it is TAKING THEM FOREVER, but lately, they are being HUGE pains in the ass. If I go out, I come back and they are parked in the driveway (we only have one spot). They make the dog bark. Ok, I can't really blame them for that...it's not like they're trying to make him bark, but Tubbs is driving me absolutely bonkers. As a result, baby is getting a steady stream of yelling, which is making me feel bad, and puts me in even a worse mood. Baby's first words will be "Tubbs, shut up!"

Now, the straw the broke the pregnant lady's back...

They are currently at lunch. This lunch is usually 2 hours long...I don't really care about that, they don't work for me. But what I DO care about is that they have left all their uncovered paint cans and brushes in Tubb's area. So he can't go outside. Of course I realize this as I'm walking him out to his chain, hunched over as I have him by the collar...and after he stepped on the newly painted threshold! Why would you paint a piece of wood that marks the entrance and exit of a house without telling the people inside?! Tubbs now has a green foot...and the threshold has a large paw print on it. I don't even want to get into how with my 8 month pregnant body I tried to coax the 90 pound dog away from his outside toilet shangri-la and back inside, without either of us stepping on the threshold again, and put his leash on so we can go to a non-paint can filled area to pee.

I think my neighbors have a new opinion of me, as I let the expletives fly. Wonder how many cute belly comments I'll get now.

And on our way in, I saw they are putting trash in my recycle bin!!! AAAAAArrrrrgghhh!

Tubbs is licking his foot. Great, now he'll be poisoned.

1 comment:

P-Diddy in Sin City said...

Now, the optimist in me is telling me to use these assholes as fuel for your pushing. :)