Tuesday, November 15, 2005

SAD - Seasonal Annoyance Disorder

I've been super bitch lately. Luckily, most of it is unleashed on co-workers, so J is spared. I feel like winter is coming way too fast this year. There is all sorts of crap I need to do before we get snowed in for the next 5 months and it's driving me nuts. Sorry, feeling whiny.

I realized I am paying for a gym membership I haven't used since May. What a waste of money. But to quit...well, it would be quitting. It would mean admitting I am not going to exercise, nor do I plan on exercising anytime in the near future...and that's just sad.

One would think the current state of my stuff would motivate me. But this time of year my motivation goes down the toilet with my good humor and patience. Not only do the winter blues make me crabby and eat everything in sight, they also make the prospect of exercise less appealing.

Not that I exercised before it got cold. Because, you know, then it was way too hot! I have yet to find the correct temperature, relative humidity and sun/cloud ratio that will inspire me to purposely move so that my heart will race and mucsles will be toned. But I’m afraid my winter blubber has begun to build too early. There is still Thanksgiving and Christmas to get through with their gravies and cookies and potatoes. Smash 'em, mash 'em, hash brown 'em, fry 'em, boil 'em, bake 'em. My mom bakes them twice! Yum, Twice-Baked Potatoes. With cheddar cheese. And Gravy.

Oh Lord, I am doomed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're doomed. I hope you feel better soon though :-)

K said...

Hey there! I was hoping putting that blog roll over there might get a few Hokies to visit. Cool website by the way. Makes the 'ol alma mater seem cool and spooky!

Thanks for the well wishes. Yes, the darkness of New England winter weighs heavy on this Hokie heart. I assume your in the 'burg...lucky.

Anonymous said...

It certainly got my attention. Was in Blacksburg now I'm home for Thanksgiving. And Virginia Tech is spooky, you just have to know where to go :-p