Thursday, November 01, 2007

A little whining...

Things have been a little crazy in these parts. Let's see if I can pry my eyes open and turn my brain on long enough to get a decent post out before Sam wakes up from nap #2. I've probably started 5 blog posts in the last week or so, only to have it cut short by a darling 10 month old. Or, more likely, I've been too busy trying to keep the house from turning into a disaster...unsuccessfully, i might add. Then there is the furniture stripping project I started. Oh, and loading compost into the new vegetable beds. All while I'm trying to get ready to fly down to DC on Saturday...whew!

Now, I find myself waiting for Jet Blue to get their shit together.

I've called 3 times, and each time I get a recording telling me to "call back at a later time" because THEY are too busy. Whatever. And even worse? They end with "this call ends now." What? You mean I can't even sit on hold for an hour if I choose to? Come on.

Why am I calling Jet Blue? Well, J and I had this trip planned to go to DC and then down to Blacksburg for the Florida State game next weekend. Unfortunately, our baby sitter broke her leg. (Hi Mom! oh, that's right, she doesn't read this). Anyway, so now Sam and I are going down solo and I'm trying to cancel J's reservation and move mine so he doesn't have to be away from his son for 10 days. AND, quite honestly, so I don't have to wait on my mom hand and foot for 10 days.

Oh, it's all such a bummer. It was all planned out. It was going to be my first night away from the Ding Dong...perhaps a full nights sleep? And drinking and tailgating and Hokie-ness....and...boo.

And to those of you who say..."Just bring Sam with you." Let me tell you, for those of you not familar with Hokie Football, Lane Stadium is no place for a 11 month old. And it's not just the drunk frat boys and cannons. I think it's safe to say that if Sam didn't already shit in his pants, this would do the trick...



Enter Sandman...always brings a tear to my eye. sniff.

No comments: